But I really should have held out for a Mac.
Business has been good lately and has brought the need (and money) for a more powerful computer.
We toyed with the idea of a Mac, but since I had other "needs" on my list and limited funds, I had to settle for a Dell. (Truly, you just can't beat their prices. And in the past we have had great luck with them.)
Until now.
I don't so much have a problem with Dell, or the quality of their computers. I think that is still the same. My problem lies within one word:
Vista.
I cannot tell you the aggrevation this word has been in the last few days.
Why MS has launched such an annoying program before they have fixed all the kinks . . . I will never know. Or why they insist on shoving down everyone's throat when they know full well that it has major issues.
I think they have done improvements with it, but unfortunately for me the one program I absolutely need (and ironically was programmed to be the one program that was vista compatible) is incompatible.
I spent the weekend transferring everything from my old hard drive to this new one. This isn't an easy feat considering that I have 3 cameras and about 9000 photos from one alone. After all of my hard work I realized that my program doesn't run properly.
That means we need to get a new hard drive, buy and load a down-graded OS on it, hope it sovles the problem, and then reload all my software and files again.
What a hassle.
Thank goodness the head of my technical department (aka: Brad) is so clever with computers. He has been a life saver.
Next time though, I will have to do better planning and save for a Mac. Vista has really turned me off PC's.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mac's are the thing for sure! We're a PC-free household and we wouldn't have it any other way! Our Macbook is refurbished and it's never given us a problem. We bought our desktop Mac new though. Love it!
Post a Comment